Pier 21 food court is so easy to be found. It is in Terminal 21 shopping mall fifth floor. The location is also convenient, you can get there either from BTS Asok or MRT Sukhumvit Station. On top of these, the price is so reasonable, with less than 50 bahts at writing time, you can get a lot of choice of dish there.
This dish like the roasted pork noodle in Tesco Lotus Rama I's food court, the pork slices have it trademark with red lining. To achived the red lining and before sliced, the pork had been marinated for hours. People told me that, you need to have Hoisin Sauce, honey, red wines and spices for the marination. Honey, no wonder it tastes delicious sweet. For the perfection, the soy sauce mixture then is poured on top of the rice, excellent. I am told also, you can find this dish commonly in other country like Hong Kong and Taiwan as well.
- 1. In Suvarnabumi airport, there are phone prepaid card sold at the entrance door of arriving hall after you pass thru custom border checking.
- 2. From the Suvarnabumi airport, you can take the express line train to the center.
- 3. If you are coming from Don Mueng airport,you can go to the center by taking A1 air conditioned bus (at arrival hall gate 6) to for example Mochi BTS skyline station in the city center.If you are going to Don Mueang Airport from Mochi BTS station, remember to exit from Exit 3 from Mochi Station, where the A1 bus is 100 meters away from the bridge and usually stopping there like 10 minutes. You can buy your ticket in the bus, around 30 bahts at writing time. However the bus is not operated after midnight til morning. Ref: Forum with bus picture
- 4. The tuk-tuk taxi can be expensive for tourist, recomendable taking taxi, which has "metered taxi" on top. There is an good article about this in a website, Transportation in Bangkok
- 5. Type of socket/plug is like the one used in North America, commonly A type(US) with two flat pin connector.
- 6. If you hear a song played in the BTS station or movie theater suddenly and at the same time all other people are standing still. Don't be surprise that you MUST do the same, it is Thailand's national anthem.