Pad Thai is one of my favourite, it goes so well with chicken, pork, beef or prawn. I ate this prawn pad thai in MBK Center, the only thing I would have complaint is the potion is too small and I may have to order two at once.
The dish has some similarity with the Singapore Fried Bee Hoon, both are so tasty, after you squeeze the lime juice for instensifying the taste. Singapore Fried Bee Hoon uses thin rice noodle, but Pad Thai uses flat noodle. Normal ingrediants are eggs, bean sprouts, fish oil and spring onion. Just love it.
When you pass the stall, you won't miss the strong beef broth smell. You may even smell the star anises that they put into the soup. The meat is so tender and juicy. They are inside the beef broth soup with "kuay teow" rice vercimelli noodle. The vendor may put lemon grass, bean sprout and water spinach(morning glory), pak boong pieces inside the soup too. If you fid some tiny root pieces from the noodle bowl, it may be the cilantro roots. This is one of the most common delicious noodle soup in Bangkok, you definitely don't want to miss it out.
This dish looks alike very much with Pad Thai without the lime slice nor bean sprouts. The ingrediants are almost the same, spring onion slices, eggs, prawns and salad. It is topped with chili slices. The dish may be more salty compared with Pad Thai, because I believe the vendor mix them up with soy sauce instead of fish oil sauce. Noodle is sticky, but again, what a delicous dish.
- 1. In Suvarnabumi airport, there are phone prepaid card sold at the entrance door of arriving hall after you pass thru custom border checking.
- 2. From the Suvarnabumi airport, you can take the express line train to the center.
- 3. If you are coming from Don Mueng airport,you can go to the center by taking A1 air conditioned bus (at arrival hall gate 6) to for example Mochi BTS skyline station in the city center.If you are going to Don Mueang Airport from Mochi BTS station, remember to exit from Exit 3 from Mochi Station, where the A1 bus is 100 meters away from the bridge and usually stopping there like 10 minutes. You can buy your ticket in the bus, around 30 bahts at writing time. However the bus is not operated after midnight til morning. Ref: Forum with bus picture
- 4. The tuk-tuk taxi can be expensive for tourist, recomendable taking taxi, which has "metered taxi" on top. There is an good article about this in a website, Transportation in Bangkok
- 5. Type of socket/plug is like the one used in North America, commonly A type(US) with two flat pin connector.
- 6. If you hear a song played in the BTS station or movie theater suddenly and at the same time all other people are standing still. Don't be surprise that you MUST do the same, it is Thailand's national anthem.