Taking the exit toward Mahapruttharam road from the Hua Lamphong MRT station, you can find small Moo Ping vendor in the evening. Moo Ping, the famous grilled pork skewer. They are the most common snack outside the school, metro station and tourist attraction locations.
The smokey flavour comes from the smoke of the coal. What a delicious marinated salty and sweet grilled pork, costs in a tourist place 10baths a skewer, buying one is not usually enough. To buy these skewers, ask the vendor how much a skewer costs and pick up yourself the best skewers from the steel wire cooking grid and hand them over to the vendor. The vendor usually will pack them in plastic bag and you may ask for the sweet spicy dipping sauce too(jaew).
- 1. In Suvarnabumi airport, there are phone prepaid card sold at the entrance door of arriving hall after you pass thru custom border checking.
- 2. From the Suvarnabumi airport, you can take the express line train to the center.
- 3. If you are coming from Don Mueng airport,you can go to the center by taking A1 air conditioned bus (at arrival hall gate 6) to for example Mochi BTS skyline station in the city center.If you are going to Don Mueang Airport from Mochi BTS station, remember to exit from Exit 3 from Mochi Station, where the A1 bus is 100 meters away from the bridge and usually stopping there like 10 minutes. You can buy your ticket in the bus, around 30 bahts at writing time. However the bus is not operated after midnight til morning. Ref: Forum with bus picture
- 4. The tuk-tuk taxi can be expensive for tourist, recomendable taking taxi, which has "metered taxi" on top. There is an good article about this in a website, Transportation in Bangkok
- 5. Type of socket/plug is like the one used in North America, commonly A type(US) with two flat pin connector.
- 6. If you hear a song played in the BTS station or movie theater suddenly and at the same time all other people are standing still. Don't be surprise that you MUST do the same, it is Thailand's national anthem.