If you happen to be in Singapore for stopover a few hours and have tasted most of the street foods in 24 Hours Food Street inside the terminal 3, try to go out thru custom and come to this Kopitiam foodcourt. Kopitiam stands for cafeteria in Singapore. All you need to do is fill up the immigration form if you hold foreign passport and take a elevator to Basement 2.
You will notice and may familiar with the Thai store or Korean's. But one store may different from other country like the desserts from The Dessert Store. Some of the desserts must be tried coming to Singapore. First thing to know about this dessert from the picture that they sell, bubur chacha bubur hitam, is that this dessert is actually combined from two well known desserts in Singapore, Bubur Cha Cha and Bubur Hitam. Bubur Cha Cha can be recognized by its signature sweet potatos and the jellies that make from tapioca flour. The different about the tapioca jelly is that the texture is more chewy from the middle. Bubur Cha Cha is consist of coconut milk and some vendor put sagos into it as well. Bubur hitam is made from glutinous rice, cooked together with Pandan leaves and on top of that poured coconut milk. Therefore, when these two combined together, it taste like bubur hitam but with extra coconut milk and ingrediants like sweet pototatos and tapioca jellies. It is gooey, but does not stick to you teeth.
- 1. Singapore electric plug is like in Malaysia, 3 pinned Type G.
- 2. In Singapore can drink water straight from the tap, but many senior generation of Singaporean still has habit to drink boiled water. Bottle mineral water reasonable price.
- 3. Singapore has one of the world most tough regulation for littering, elavator urinating, not flushing the toilet and drugs trafficking. Make sure you do some research on this before entering Singapore. You can just upack and leave your chewing gum at home country.
- 4. MRT-stations are the best public transport. MRT-stop like Lavander is convinient for hostel, hotel and local hawkers food court.
- 5. Prepare enough coil for singapore commune bus, no changes returns. You can get full day usage of public transport by purchasing Tourist Pass. It is quite reasonable price, for example 16 dollar of 2 day pass + 10 deposit. Make sure return the the tourist pass before 8p.m. More info from their Singapore Tourist Pass
- 6. Singapore rains average 178 days of a year, waterproof light windjacket is not a bad idea to be packed.