The soup is not spicy at all, but as usual as other hawkers food, it come with sliced chili soy sauce dip. The soup stock is not thick and can be boiled from pork bones and chicken. The seasoning from the soup is so secret that I don't get even a word out from the hawker's mouth, "special pepper powder then". I love the minced pork meat and the sliced fish cakes, they goes so well with the chili soy sauce topping. Now already it gets my mouth watering by talking.
The normal penang version is fish meatball, sliced thin minced pork meat and spring onion. It goes so good with the peppers, the more the better, for me. You can also ask for different type of noodles, like keowtew(the flat noodle, the one I have), egg noodle(the yellow one) and Rice vermicelli(thin transparent one).
- 1. Remember to take enough coins for commune bus's ticket. Driver won't return small changes. First below 7km journey costs about RM1.40 (year 2015).
- 2. Always take a package of tissue paper along. Kopitiam, low cost cafeteria doesn't include one in wash room.
- 3. Penang route planner web site: Penang Journey Planner(http://www.rapidpg.com.my/journey-planner/plan-my-trip/)
- 4. Postcards from the kiosks, stamps from the post office. There is one post office at Prangin Mall nearby.
- 5. Type of socket/plug is like the one used in UK, G type(UK).
- 6. Tap water: Recommending to boil it first. A bottle of mineral water costs less than an euro.