This exotic drink another heatkiller. You can find this drink in Middle East as well, but is known as ais tinkap in Penang.
The rose syrup drink and with basil seeds are just perfect for the hot days. It definitely put your temperature down.
None of the children I know say they didn't like it. The sweetness and fun to chew those basil seeds(translucent jellies covering the seeds), make this one of kid's favourite too. You can ask for fresh coconut slices into the drinks. They just perfect match. I love to drink this and eating Roti Canai, one of the spicy cuisine. After all the burn from the hot curry, the Ais Tinkap just like an oasis at the dessert.
- 1. Remember to take enough coins for commune bus's ticket. Driver won't return small changes. First below 7km journey costs about RM1.40 (year 2015).
- 2. Always take a package of tissue paper along. Kopitiam, low cost cafeteria doesn't include one in wash room.
- 3. Penang route planner web site: Penang Journey Planner(http://www.rapidpg.com.my/journey-planner/plan-my-trip/)
- 4. Postcards from the kiosks, stamps from the post office. There is one post office at Prangin Mall nearby.
- 5. Type of socket/plug is like the one used in UK, G type(UK).
- 6. Tap water: Recommending to boil it first. A bottle of mineral water costs less than an euro.