This stall is opened only in the morning, hope you are morning person. In penang, we call it curry mee, but in KL it can be different name. This Penang Curry Mee definitely for the spice lover. For the mild version, you can ask the seller not to put the chili paste at all. It just come with the cocounut flavoured soup. But I don't recommend it, what will be Curry Mee without the important chili paste, reducing the chili paste is still acceptable.
Curry Mee soup comes with yellow noodles(egg noodles) and rice vermicelli. These two yellow noodle and rice vermicelli combination, you can see a lot in other penang hawkers food also. The ingrediants normal penang version are prawns, dried tofu, blood and cuttlefish. I personally like to eat the Curry Mee without cuttlefish, somehow it is hard to chew, even though they are small piece. I like the tofu, it sucks the flavour from the soup and it is so juicy in the mouth. I hated the bloods when I was small, but now I have learned to love it.
- 1. Remember to take enough coins for commune bus's ticket. Driver won't return small changes. First below 7km journey costs about RM1.40 (year 2015).
- 2. Always take a package of tissue paper along. Kopitiam, low cost cafeteria doesn't include one in wash room.
- 3. Penang route planner web site: Penang Journey Planner(http://www.rapidpg.com.my/journey-planner/plan-my-trip/)
- 4. Postcards from the kiosks, stamps from the post office. There is one post office at Prangin Mall nearby.
- 5. Type of socket/plug is like the one used in UK, G type(UK).
- 6. Tap water: Recommending to boil it first. A bottle of mineral water costs less than an euro.